Education in “Experimental floral design” at Vea Statens fagskole for gartnere og blomsterdekoratorer Norway
An international vocational programme with a focus on plant materials and its aesthetic and technical possibilities.
The programme targets all types of artisans, designers, interior designers, florists, artists, and aestheticians who want more knowledge of plant materials, and the use thereof.
The main focus is to abstract and work experimentally/ exploratory with plant materials in combination with other materials, as well as with technical aids from various craftworks to expand technical boundaries and create new forms of expression within their own disciplines.
Target groups: Craftsmen, florists, designers and aestheticians
Duration: A session-based study over the course of one year
Objective: For various craftsmen, designers, and aestheticians to continue their education through the experimentation of plant materials.
Title: Technician – Experimental Floral Design
Tuition fee: NOK 9900, – (expenses for field trips may apply)
Application Deadline: 15 April 2013
Start: 20 August 2013
The programme is approved by Lånekassen (the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund).
Develop further as a professional/craftsman/artisan through:
- Working creatively with plant materials
- Experimenting with plant materials in combination with other materials
- Gaining more knowledge about nature’s possibilities
- Gaining new knowledge about plant materials and their properties
- Using plant material as a means of creating experiences
- Experimenting with techniques and implements connected to plant materials
- Seeing new professional development possibilities and combinations
- Gaining new professional experiences that can be used for training purposes or for use in carrying on a trade
- Developing various types of concepts connected with plant materials
- Working with professionals from other cultures and with other hand craft traditions
- Participating in and leading creative projects
After completing the programme the student will be able to:
- Experiment with plant materials in a conscious and independent way connected to their own hand craft/professional practice
- Combine plant materials with other materials
- Use plant materials in new contexts and in new ways
- Develop concepts in which other plant materials are involved
- Work with creative and experimental processes in a structured and reflective way
- Prepare for competitions in a structured and reflective way
- Be the inspiration/demonstrator for other florists, designers, or artisans
- Start a consulting business in professional development for florists
- Lead creative projects
Experimental floral design is suitable for those who wish to combine work and education. The academic year 2013/2014 has sessions the following weeks: 34, 38, 42–43, 47–48, 4–5, 10–11, 20, 24 and 25.
For more information, please contact us.